For episode 18 of the Don’t Talk About Your Stocks Podcast, I had the opportunity to talk with Larry Tentarelli. Larry is a long-term trend follower who focuses on ETFs and individual stocks. He is also one of the people who has had a tremendous influence on my own personal approach to trading.
In our conversation, Larry talks about his fascination with stocks at a young age and all of the mistakes he made early in his trading journey. He also discusses an idea from Tom Basso that broke him out of what he refers to as “backtesting hell” and the concept of using ATR expansion to identify exits.
Books Larry Mentions:
- Winning on Wall Street – Martin Zweig
- Trend Following – Michael Covel
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator – Edwin Lefevre
- Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom – Dr. Van Tharp
- Following the Trend – Andreas Clenow
- Trade for a Living – Dr. Alexander Elder
- Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets – Stan Weinstein
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill