On the 12th episode of the Don’t Talk About Your Stocks Podcast, I spoke with Matthew Smith. Matthew is a part time trader who has quite a few different things on his plate. In addition to trading, he is also in the Air Force, as well as a student at the University of Nebraska, and a small business owner. With all of the things he has going on, it is interesting to hear Matthew’s take on making time for trading.
One of my favorite parts of the interview was when Matthew pointed out that the traders with big egos are generally the ones who are not successful. We both agree that we have found truly successful traders to be extremely helpful as mentors. Matthew also makes great points about the discipline and determination that is required to find success in anything.
Towards the end of the interview, we take a small tangent into the world of business and entrepreneurship, but I suspect that anyone interested in trading will also find this part of our conversation interesting.
Books Matthew Mentions:
- Market Wizards – Jack Schwager
- The New Market Wizards – Jack Schwager
- Stock Market Wizards – Jack Schwager
- Hedge Fund Market Wizards – Jack Schwager
- Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom – Van Tharp
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
- Cashflow Quadrant – Robert Kiyosaki
- Think and Grow Rich – Napolean Hill