In episode 8 of the DTAYS Podcast, I had the opportunity to talk with Jeff Swanson from System Trader Success. Jeff is a part-time trader who is working towards making the transition to full-time trader. His background in computer programming make him a natural fit for his systematic trading style, which he explains that he developed in order to take his emotions out of his trading.
Jeff discusses his fondness of the Tradestation platform and writing trading systems in their EasyLanguage code. He profiles a number of systems on his website and even provides the code for many of them. His site is a must read for anyone considering a systematic approach.
Books Jeff Mentions:
- One Up On Wall Street – Peter Lynch
- Mastering the Trade – John Carter
- Building Winning Trading Systems with Tradestation – George Pruitt
- Short Term Trading Strategies The Work – Connors & Alvarez
- High Probability ETF Trading – Connors & Alvarez
- The Ivy Portfolio – Mebane Faber
- Trend Following – Michael Covel
- The Complete Turtle Trader – Michael Covel
- Trend Commandments – Michael Covel
- The Little Blue Book of Trading – Michael Covel
- Evidence-Based Technical Analysis – David Aronson
- Unlimited Power – Anthony Robbins